Lions Club Agra City Events
Excerpts of the First and Second General Meetings
The first and second general meetings of the club were merged with the sightseeing tour of Kashmir during 9.8.2009 to 18.8.2009. The sightseeing tour of Kashmir was organised by the Club to have a glimpse of the wonderful beauty of Kashmir. The following members participated in this excursion -
- Lion Dr. Ashok Kumar Jain, President
- Lion Er. Vinod Kumar Rajauria, Immediate Past President
- Lion Chandra Prakash Singhal, Charter President & Secretary
- Lion Er. Nemi Chand Gupta, Vice President
- Lion Vikas Agrawal, Vice President
- Lion Er. Dau Dayal Agrawal, Treasurer
- Lion R.B. Agrawal, Member
- Lion Er. Satish Babu Paliwal, Member
- Lion Er. Jagdish Babu Varma, Guest
- Lion Er. Dharm Vir Singh, Guest
- The journey was started on 9.8.2009 from Agra by Cars to New Delhi Railway Station. From New Delhi, our group boarded Rajdhani Express which reached Jammu on 10.8.09 in the morning. From Jammu, we hired two taxis for Srinagar. The taxis were hired for the sightseeing and return journey to Jammu. We reached Srinagar in the evening.
- From 11.8.09 to 17.8.09, we visited Srinagar, Sonmarg, Gulmarg, Pahalgam and Jammu and enjoyed the beauty of Kashmir.
- We returned to Jammu on 16.8.09, stayed there for one night and caught the train to Agra on 17.8.09 and reached Agra on 18.8.09.
- First and second general meetings of the Club were merged with this tour program.
Lions Prayas School
- Independence Day 15th August was celebrated in the school.
- The Club paid salary to the teachers.
- Books and Stationary were distributed to the children of the school.
- In August, 2009, three patients availed this facility.